This article from inkworldmagazine.com talks about six trends pharmaceutical packaging manufacturers should be aware of at the outset of this year. From serialization considerations to personalized healthcare to the continued importance of good quality management systems, this post gives a holistic look at what to know in 2018.
2018 will be a year of change for the pharmaceutical labeling and packaging industry. Up and down the supply chain, the pharmaceutical industry will work hard to achieve traceability per DSCSA standards. Greater consumer demand and a heightened focus of customization at the patient level will force smaller batches and shorter lead times for packagers. Through all of the changes, quality management remains top-of-mind for pharmaceutical packaging manufacturers.
Here are six trends pharmaceutical packagers need look out for in 2018:
1. DSCSA regulations will increase industry focus on serialization, security and quality.
2. Greater consumer demand and increased focus on personalized care.
3. Rise in use of contract packaging companies.
4. Data management and cybersecurity emerge as primary concerns.
5. Growing use of smart packaging for identification and patient engagement.6. Accountability of pharmaceutical packaging manufacturers.
Looking forward, pharmaceutical packagers want to be at the leading edge of label technology, quality management, employee training and serialization. Not only will leading the pack on this charge help you achieve compliance in the coming year — it also offers you a competitive advantage in cross-organizational collaboration up and down the supply chain for years to come.